Global Challenges in Assistive Technology: Research, Policy & Practice
The conference will be hosted by the University of Bologna and AIAS Bologna Onlus and aims at discussing issues on Global Challenges in Assistive Technology, with more explicit attention for a broader target group of service providers and professionals, students, policymakers, industry and end users.
The AAATE Conference is organised and promoted by the Association for the Advancement of Assistive Technology in Europe, the European umbrella organisation for stakeholders in Assistive Technology in Europe, and co-organised and hosted by AIAS Bologna onlus and the Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna.
The Conference gathers researchers and practitioners from academia, service providers and industry to discuss the latest innovations and visionary ideas in the field of assistive technology (AT) in its broadest sense. We invite contributions on all aspects related to technology and disability down the value chain: Research, Design & Development, Production & Distribution, Service Delivery, Education & Training and Use & Impact.
- AT for cognitive, sensory and motor disabilities
- Emerging and innovative AT
- AAL, smart environments and IoT
- Alternative and Augmentative Communication
- Universal Design
- Mobility and seating solutions
- Ageing and technology
- AT service delivery systems, practices, quality and outcomes
- AT and social assistive robotics
- AT for rehabilitation
- AT, virtual and augmented reality
- AT, digital health and innovation in care
- AT in low- and middle-income countries
- AT in education
- AT education, training and professional development
- Policy and social aspects related to AT (e.g. implementation UNCRPD, rights, ethics, gender, digital divide, etc….)
- The conference is thus an excellent opportunity to get an overview of the many aspects related to “technology and disability”.
Call for Papers: Basic research & Applied research, Special thematic sessions
- Deadline for submission: 28 February 2019
More information on the official website: www.aaate2019.eu